Thursday, March 15, 2012

Don't Let Go...



Don’t Let Go…
Serenity/Lisa H 03/2012

If ever there was a little white lie
It’s me telling you just to leave.
It would fall like a raindrop right out of the sky
If only I could believe.

When you tell me you’re sorry, didn’t mean any harm
It just sounds like dishonesty
Yet, I feel so comforted by all of your charm
You show it so naturally.

If I tell you to leave me, to just walk away
It means that I love you and want you to stay
The tears on my face are trying to show
When you walk out that door, I don’t want you to go.

What’s so damned tempting with a heart so untrue?
When it causes me so much pain
What’s not to love about a lie made for two?
All my suspicions, in vain.

I can’t have you beside me,
There’s no trust there, that I see,
But how do I tell my heart not to show
I’ll be heartbroken forever
Fall in love again, never
I can't let you stay, but don't go.

If I tell you to leave me, to just walk away
It means that I love you and want you to stay
The tears on my face are trying to show
When you walk out that door, I don’t want you to go.

1 comment: